At Thomson, we pledge to look after your property as if it were our own. We understand successful property management involves more than rental collection.
That’s why our small team of highly trained professionals has a reputation for unrivalled service, clear communication and expert knowledge.
Our comprehensive service will protect your investment and lighten your load.
Our established team of management professionals is highly trained to provide quality advice and help you make informed decisions. Ongoing staff training ensures we are across the latest industry, legal and market developments.
- Regular communication with our clients is imperative to maintaining the profitability of their investment properties.
We are committed to providing on going and consistent communication with the client to ensure you are kept informed at all times
We also offer flexibility. Upon sign up your individual needs will be assessed – you can opt to have as much or as little involvement as you wish.
Your property is then assigned to a specific Property Manager, who will keep you informed of all matters pertaining to your property and liaise between you and your tenants.
Our Property Managers are extremely accessible. All have direct business numbers, personal email addresses and mobile phones to ensure maximum accessibility.
In addition to your monthly rental statements, you will receive a regular newsletter and legislation updates.
Upon commencement of service and during any stage where your property becomes vacant, we will:
Effectively market your property
- Conduct ‘open for inspections’ and private appointments
- Provide thorough tenant selection
- Maintain a database of prospective tenants
- Prepare all tenancy documentation and collect bond monies
- Ensure tenants needs are met on commencement of lease
- Perform a pre-tenancy inspection and complete a detailed condition report together with photographs
- Maintain an accurate Rental list which is forwarded to re-locations companies and prospective tenants
- Timely reporting of maintenance issues
- Arrangement and supervision of repairs
- Property inspections and reports as required
- Tenant management
- Regular rental reviews
- Attend tribunal hearings on your behalf
- Provide monthly and end of financial year statements
Your rental monies will be electronically deposited into a nominated bank account or a cheque can be attached to your statement.
Our aim is to source the most appropriate tenant/s for your property. To do this, we utilise a number of marketing tools in order to expose your property to the widest number of prospective tenants via:
- Thomson Rental List – thomsonproperty.com.au
- The Internet: domain.com.au, realestateview.com.au and myhome.com.au
- Tenant Database
- Open for Inspections
- Property signage
- Re-location companies
- Our Marketing Division ensures that Thomson advertising is effective and prominent
Managing residential property requires expert knowledge of all relevant legislation. Our property management team is equipped to handle any legal issues that may arise.
Whilst disputes between landlords and tenants can occur over a number of issues, our aim is to reduce the likelihood of such disputes through effective management, negation skills and regular communication with both landlord and tenants.
In some instances, it may be necessary to apply for a Victorian Civil and Administration Tribunal (VCAT) hearing. The Tribunal acts as a mediator in the dispute and makes a final decision.
As your managing agent, we are able to represent you at a hearing and prepare the case on your behalf.
The Internet is a key marketing tool. We are on top of all advances in technology that affect our business. We take high quality photos and write informative copy for your investment.
In addition to marketing your rental property, we will offer a number of on-line services for both landlords and tenants, including electronic applications and maintenance request forms, landlord enquiry forms and a prospective tenant database.
Our system provides a hassle free way for our tenants to pay their rent including B-Pay/Direct Debit/EFT. Money is directly deposited into our Rental Trust Account, which enables us to immediately identify any arrears issues and process statement runs more efficiently.
Thomson Mentone’s personalized and professional approach takes the stress out of rentals.